General NYC Resources
- NYC has developed a site with a list of general resources:
- Free or affordable meals:
- School meals for students
- Restaurants donating food
- Little Spain is offering affordable and free meals
- Citymeals for people 60 years or older
- Food delivery for families in need
- Burger King is giving away two free kids meals with any app purchase
- Food pantries/Soup Kitchens :
Mental Health Support
As a reminder, call 911 in case of an emergency
- Mental health support for families and individuals:
- NAMI is providing support to all through their helpline
- SAMHSA has a national helpline available now
- NYC Well is available via call, text or chat
- Contact NY State Domestic Violence if you’re experiencing abuse during self-isolation or quarantine
- NYC 24 Hotline for Domestic Violence Survivors:
- Queens Family Justice Center:
- 718-575-4545 - 9:00-5:00 PM
- Safe Horizon one-on-one online chat system: www.safehorizon.org/safechat Weekdays 1:00 - 6:00 PM
- Safe Horizon 24-Hour Hotline for Rape and Sexual Assault:
- Immigrants Rising virtual wellness gathering
- Crisis Text Line
- Trans Life Line
- VirusAnxiety online resource
- Headspace is an online mindfulness meditation app
- Uninsured and underinsured:
Call 1-844-NYC-4NYC for an appointment
Utility Bill Support
- ConEd is helping NYC:
- Your service will not be shut off for non-payment.
- Waiving new late-payment fees.
- Suspending no-access fees if we can’t read your meter.
- No fees for making payments with credit cards or debit cards.
- Suspending fees for refusing smart meter installations
- Most customers can arrange for payment extensions and agreements online through My Account
- Various organizations can assist people in need of financial assistance:
Internet/Phone Service Accommodations
- Comcast: Free public Wi-Fi for 60 Days to families
- Spectrum: Wi-fi for 60-days for K12-college-student-households-and-more
- Altice: Free broadband for students
- Xfinity Free hotspots
- AT&T: waiving data overage fees to all customers. The company is promising not to terminate the service of any customer over the next 60 days.
- Verizon: waiving any late fees and not terminating any service for the next 60 days.
- T-Mobile: Current customers will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming) and more.
- Sprint: Not terminating service if they are unable to pay their Sprint bill and waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
Please remember to check with the above providers on their terms and conditions. Remember to cancel their services after the trail period ends.